Tuesday, July 21, 2009

time outside of time

There are grand things happening in the life o'the Laura!
So, I think a recap is in order.

-Hours at my current job (the park) were cut to 15 per week due to county budget cuts.

-I heard back from a front desk/guest services position I had applied for while not knowing if I'd get to keep my park job or not. This is a full time, 3pm-11pm position, complete with benefits (yay!) at an inn in the area. They're a "green hotel" and even have a large organic garden on the property for their restaurant! I interviewed and was offered the job a week later! I've already started training and I'm loving it!

-The plan for now is to continue at the park and start at the inn. I'll probably have to cut way back on time at the park (not like it's really high anyway) once school starts on Aug 20th.

-Saturday two friends of mine were married in a small ceremony on top of one of my favorite mountains on the Parkway! It was beautiful and sweet. Small and easy! I had the honor of playing photographer. It was a great morning!

-Saturday afternoon and Sunday Kyle and I got some hiking and scenery in. Sunday I took my camera and had a blast crawling around in the grass photographing flowers and anything that struck my fancy. Kyle got some time to visit with his brother while I occupied myself.
There's definitely a singular feeling that I get while behind my camera, squinting thru my viewfinder, twisting and contorting to get the right angle and then adjusting aperture and exposure settings. It's a strange place where time stands still, and yet there's a strong urgency. There's really nothing else in this world than me, my camera, and whatever I see and try to photograph.
Then there's the trickling hints that I've got it, I'm doing good, that explodes into satisfaction that only comes when I see my images in full size! It's that "I DID IT!" elation! Ah yes. I love my camera. :-)

-Hopefully sometime within the next month or so, Kyle and I shall be aquirring this:

Hee hee hee. That's a 2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder. The 'MR' stands for Midship Runabout which appeals to my trekie side. Isn't that sad? I'm in love with a car partially b/c it could be trekie-ish.


Ah so. That's about all in the life o'Laura right now. It's crammed packed with working and playing and sleeping. :-)

Arg!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

'trekie side!' That's something to be completely proud of in my eyes Laura. There's not enough of us around! Lovely car!