Saturday, March 5, 2011

Decision 2011

This past week I decided to commit to Mars Hill College! While they haven't been able to offer quite as much financial aid as Brevard, everything else points to Mars Hill as the best choice. My commute will be a little longer, but I'm hoping to work my class schedule out so that I don't have to drive from Hendersonville to Mars Hill everyday. But other than the drive (which isn't a huge obstacle), I'm so excited to be there in the fall! They offer my program, a Bachelor's degree in recreation, as well as a minor in business, and a very welcoming cycling team!

Becky once again has forged the path, since she'll be starting her junior year there as well. There's a great possibility that we'll graduate the same year! Which is just wrong! Seriously though, it's okay, and even a little amusing. It just compounds the nontraditional approach I've taken in my education! At the same time, I know it makes it easier to be involved as a student having her in and social connections.

I feel so repetitive...school, school, school, work, work. Happily, I can add cycling and training to my activities, which will hopefully make things a little more interesting!

There's been so much movement in 2011...and we're barely into the third month! I feel really balanced at this point, a little too much work, but hey, I've got school to pay for now! Having three classes is very nice, even though biology takes a lot of studying and memorization. Work is exciting as I take on more with maintaining the property Twitter, enewsletter, and press releases. I'll be sad when I leave there. It is fun, complex, exhausting at times, and partially dysfunctional sometimes, but when it comes down to it, I like it. I still miss the park, but right now there are so many more learning opportunities at Highland Lake. I'm healthier, fitter, and progressing towards being at a competition level of fitness. Still a ways off, but heading the right direction!

Kyle is such an amazing support! Without him there's no way I'd be here, now, attaining one step at a time the dreams and goals that I've developed. It's enough to have his approval and pride at the end of a long day at work, after a hard test, and at the top of the evil mountain, reminding me that we're slowly attaining excellence and comfort in our life. Without that, I'd be half of who I am.

No comments: