Thursday, March 19, 2009

Hello little blog! Have you missed me?

Lately I've been on a reading frenzy! Reading 'real" books made of paper, ink, and glue! It's been very nice and refreshing. I used to read for hours each day when I was growing up, not distracted by the internet, sitcoms, and tv shows on demand, other people's blogs, back when my time wasn't claimed by work or school, or even Kyle.

I've quickly read Slowness by Kundera, Still Life with Woodpecker by Tom Robbins, and am currently in the midst of Villa Incognito also by Robbins. The Time Travelers Wife is next on my list.

There's something substantial about reading a book. My time doesn't feel as wasted away. I guess b/c I can look at the book and see my progress, see a measurement of accomplishment.

Also, it seems appropriate for the spring-like weather. More active, in a sedimentary way, than eyes being stuck to a flickering computer screen.

I highly recommend Kundera and Robbins to anyone looking for a read. Kundera especially.

Anyway, I hope everyone is alive and thriving. Spring is here and it's good to active, mentally and physically.

No comments: