Monday, March 23, 2009

On perceptions

I think it was last night, I was laying in bed, in that contemplative, falling asleep state, when I suddenly realized that no one will ever know how I really perceive myself. Not even Kyle, who knows me better than anyone.

The self-image that I have of myself is that only, MY self image. It's strange to think about...

Sure, the way you perceive yourself is important to development, living a successful life (by success I mean content, happy, vibrant no matter come what may), and projecting who you are, but no one will ever see you the way you see you. They may come close, but can never really see it the way you do.

And vice versa.

Just a thought from a sleepy head.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't you happy God truly knows us better than anyone? Thats just what I was thinking when I was reading this LH.

Anonymous said...

Aren't you happy that God knows us better than anyone? Even ourselves? I dont know thats just what I was thinking when reading your blog.

Anonymous said...

I love those sleepy deep thoughts!