Saturday, November 8, 2008

It's a Coffee Morning!

Ah, coffee! Kyle and I have been favoring tea over coffee lately. Mostly due to the fact that I don't have time in the morning to drink it, and Kyle has become immune to the effects of morning coffee, and the weather has been very Fall like. So today is probably the first day in about a week or so that we've had coffee. And ah man! it is good!!

I gently uprooted the gorilla plant that has been growing in my fig trees pot this morning. It's a peanut plant! It still has the complete shell from which 3 little peanut plants are growing and you can see the remnants of the actual nuts themselves still hanging on to the plant stalks. So, I plopped it down into another pot and hope that it'll keep growing. Now all I wonder is how did a peanut get into my pot to start with? My only theory is that it somehow was in the potting soil.

Well..we're off to frolic on the parkway and discover glorious food in Asheville.

Happy Fall!!

4 comments:

Rosie the Cat said...

What an interesting volunteer! A peanut plant!

Morningtower said...

Wow. . . you have a blog, too! I'm so proud of you! You're a great writer, you know. :) You've got that perfect mix of 'down-to-earth' and 'off-the-wall' that makes for the best writing. And by the way. . . every morning is a coffee morning in my world, LOL!

a. g. hayes said...

Peanut?! That made me laugh. Tell it I said hello.

Laura said...

Alright! I know, a peanut! How strange. He (it's obviously a He) is doing quite fine! :-)

And...
Thanks Valarie! I decided it was time to start writing again, outside of school writing!