Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Little Christmas Eve

My family has never been one with particular traditions for the holidays. This has been convient and easy, matching my family's laid-back personality and simplicity. However, the holiday was always special and set apart from the rest of the work and school days.

Now, this is my first Christmas outside of my family. Kyle's and my first Christmas married. In all the drastic changes that have occured this year, mainly my mother's death, it seems fitting that this is the first Christmas seperate from my family. They're in FL with my dad's mom, hopefully distracted and happy.

As it is our first Christmas, I want it to be special and create some type of tradition for us. Finding or creating one is kinda challenging! So I'm googling my heritage, Scandinavian, to see what holiday traditions are appealing! I doubt that I'll make lutefisk a part of our Christmases! I've got the pine decorations down...and the candles. Maybe that's all I'll glean from "the Old Country." At least for this year.

And what started this? The recollection that today is Little Christmas Eve! Another Scandinavian thing.

Wee!

No comments: