Saturday, February 28, 2009

February Exhaustion

I think there's something tiring about February. At least for me, and I get a sense of the same feeling from friends. The inspired, determined, excited charging into the New Year has past, there are no holidays or even good excuses to get away, and the winter is just dragging on. There's no desire to make an effort to write or 'do' and the cold days drag on and on.
So I'm glad that March is almost here. Now if only the weather would warm up and be conducive for flip-flop wearing...
Still, there's a definite relief to February's end. February's imprisonment of my joy and fortitude is over! I feel all the stress of the month leaving, and creativity and motivation taking their rightful places in mah head. I'm no longer content to waste my entire evening with my computer (only pieces.... ~.^), and instead have been cleaning my house, making things, and reading!
There's a mess of crazy quilt supplies and ribbon on my couch, my raven pattern for Kyle (his fav poem is The Raven and he recites it so amazingly!), and my camera lays nearby.
It feels good to make a crafty mess! It's very similar to the dirty feeling that comes from tramping through the woods or fields or whatever. Both are refreshing because of the products of the mess. In my case, progress on my oft ignored quilt, attempts at designing (ha ha), and the mental stimulation that comes from reading (I always feel better when I'm reading...and reading more than the news and filler articles on Msn.com and yahoo.com).
So, welcome March! Bring with you warm weather, comfort, and inspiration! Take away the doldrums (I like that word) of winter and the cold curse of February! Show us the green of plants and let us feel the spring fever in our blood! Banish February from our minds and bring thoughts of spring and play! Gladly we await you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've got to say. It is actually nice to get away from the PC and do something else once in a while! Good on you!